Medical Director, European Partner Markets
About The Position
Medison is a rapidly growing global pharmaceutical company with a strong global presence, operating in 4 continents and over 24 countries. Our mission is to provide access to highly innovative therapies to patients who suffers mainly from rare diseases, in international markets. If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of our mission, join us!
We're looking for a skilled medical professional to take on the role of the European Partner Markets (EPM) Medical Director at Medison. This leadership position involves overseeing the medical aspects of the region, managing Cluster Medical Heads, and providing strategic direction to the entire EPM Medical region. Reporting to the VP of Medical Affairs, you'll play a key role in the EPM Leadership Team, focusing on strategic medical planning, implementation, data-driven decision-making, and fostering collaboration. Your responsibility encompasses leading the medical affairs teams across Medison’s EPM, actively contributing to the company's strategy, and ensuring successful commercialization of our assets. Collaboration with partners and providing guidance to affiliates within the EPM region will be integral to this role.
The position is located in Zug, Switzerland and will require regular business travel within EPM and to other regions
- Develop and implement a comprehensive medical strategy across EPM, ensuring alignment with partners and embedding it within regional commercial plans. This includes overseeing budgets, resource allocation, and timely execution.
- Be an integral part and team member of the regional leadership and provide meaningful insights and support to the regional head and peers.
- Lead the scientific, medical intelligence and data gathering, identify/interpret the information that is pertinent/relevant to the medical activities and share the findings with the organization.
- Ensure that detailed the medical affairs plans are embedded and are an integral part of the regional commercial plans, including overseeing budget, planning, resource allocation and ensure its timely execution.
- Lead the regional medical teams, managing Cluster Medical Heads and indirectly Country Medical Leads, fostering a culture of collaborative working practices within the matrix structure.
- Support the regulatory teams, Market Access and Reimbursement activities in the EPM markets.
- Oversight of all medical led activities and initiatives such as Early Access Programs (EAPs),
- Engagement with PAG’s in a compliant and transparent mode of work.
- Ensure that scientific and medical validation of promotional and non-promotional is embedded in the work stream.
- Develop and manage the medical budget, providing input into the affiliate budgeting and planning processes.
- Serve as the senior EPM medical contact for Medison's partners and ensure that the professional relationships are maintained professionally and exceed the partner expectations.
- Support Pharmacovigilance activities in the region.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of ten years in pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical leadership and leading medical affairs teams.
- Ability to lead and develop a diverse group of medical affairs professional.
- Experience working in a cross functional environment with a strong medical affairs collaboration mode of behavior, and background gained within regional and/or global, biotech' and/or pharmaceutical companies.
- Solid experience in interpreting clinical trials/data and other medical affairs activities.
- Advantage- knowledge and acquaintance with the regulatory and reimbursement processes in our European Partner Market (EPM) region.
- Advantage - Previous experience within the Rare Diseases therapeutic area since it is a key area as Medison represents emerging biotech companies with highly innovative products for diseases with a high unmet medical need.
- Medical Doctor degree is mandatory.
- Proficient in all aspects of drug development, GCP and regional regulations - including the writing and dissemination of promotional materials.
- Familiarity with global/EU regulations
- Ability to travel as needed across the region and occasionally to the HQ in Israel and additional meetings abroad.
MINDSETS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong Interpersonal skills: a “people person”, displaying a convincing, credible, mindset, and an ability to initiate strong dialogue with both external and internal stakeholders - including scientifically oriented and data-driven executive leaders, the in-house commercial organization, KOLs, peers, and the team.
- Dynamic, innovative, able to handle multi-projects. Pro-active, results-driven and with an entrepreneurial "can do" attitude.
- Unwavering integrity coupled with the highest level of personal and professional ethics.