Strategic Operations Director, International Markets
About The Position
The Strategic Operations Director will essentially be the Chief of Staff and the “right-hand” to the GM International. He/She will be immersed in strategic and operational analysis, as well as take a lead role in driving large projects within the business, to maximize the organizational strategy and direction of the Company. He/She must be adept at compiling information and reports for the GM, enabling the GM to quickly understand where the business is and the issues it faces. This position will be expected to give opinions on such findings, and proactively design and implement action and project plans.
The Strategic Operations Director will understand how the senior management team operates and how important decisions are made. The position will be responsible for executive meetings, GM presentations internally and externally, and other projects as assigned. He/She will also have project work critical to the organization’s growth and development and the ability of the Company to effectively scale as it grows.
This position is based in Switzerland.
- Understanding the nature of each functional area of the Company, including Commercial, Medical, HR, Supply Chain and Regulatory Affairs
- Attending business meetings with the General Manager (GM) and providing action items and executive minutes
- Preparing critical meeting agendas and sending out pre-meeting documentation
- Participating in meetings and responsible for tracking outcomes and deliverables
- Working closely with the GM to identify and prepare for critical thought leadership engagements
- Become aware of issues from an integrative, executive leadership perspective
- Obtain an up close and personal understanding of leadership and decision-making related to the simultaneous execution of a complex organizational growth strategy
- Review and analyze the company’s financial reports, flagging issues to the GM
- Financial due diligence on internal departments and external competitors
- Partners with the GM International to ensure that goals and objectives are being appropriately tracked and achieved, and that priorities are being communicated effectively.
- Manage the GM staff meeting and senior leadership team’s subcommittee meetings; draft agendas, coordinate presentations, manage attendees, create, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Partner with Human Resources to facilitate the annual KPIsetting process .
- In partnership with the Leadership Team and GM, develop/coordinate building of communication material such as PowerPoint decksfor Leadership Meetings, Town Halls, Regional meetings, and Other as appropriate.
- Actively enable the efficiency of business operations from behind the scenes.
- Compose and manage correspondence dealing with issues or subject matter that is highly sensitive and confidential.
- Advanced Degree in Law, Finance, Economics, MBA or similar field
- Background in operations, project management, corporate development with at least 5 years of experience in the life sciences industry, which may include management/strategy consulting; experience from a startup environment within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Proven experience translating data and metrics to action
- Demonstrable experience managing high-profile projects
- Experience with budget management
Being effective in this role requires a natural aptitude for building strong, trusting partnerships across the organization. This position requires a hands-on, self-motivated, smart, and emotionally intelligent individual who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a complex and fast-changing industry. This person anticipates needs and demands and works to provide logical, innovative, and creative solutions without explicit instruction. S/he will be expected to communicate changes in prioritization and decision-making efficiently and be capable of carrying out multiple projects while effectively prioritizing tasks according to the needs of the GM International and the organization