Country Medical Director
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The Director of Medical Affairs in South Korea will be shaping the development of the country medical affairs strategy and will support the overall commercial strategy via therapeutic area clinical knowledge and insight from HCP interactions and additional key stakeholders You will closely collaborate with Medison’s partners and provide support to the regional affiliates in APAC as they are established.
- Lead the scientific, medical and data gathering knowledge, identify/interpret the information that is pertinent/relevant to the medical activities and share the findings with the organization so as to develop a coherent and relevant medical strategy.
- As an integral part of the local leadership team, be responsible for executing the Medical Affairs Plans and overseeing budget, planning, resource allocation to ensure its timely execution.
- Assume leadership of the Country Medical personnel (managers and MSL’s)
- Ensure the creation of a cross functional matrix structure and lead organizational activities to achieve this, along with HR & Commercial teams and support the establishment of an effective work
- Support Market Access and Reimbursement activities in Korea .
- Lead and manage Early Access Programs (EAPs) in the Region when applicable.
- Engage with Patient Advocacy Groups according to the local applicable regulation to ensure compliance and transparency.
- Approve the scientific and medical content of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities.
- Establish effective professional engagement with the respective medical communities and opinion leaders’ scientific associations and other external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, payer organizations and medical government officials).
- Lead and support the Implementation of medical education activities, disease awareness programs and various medical affairs activities in conferences and medical associations meetings
- Develop and own the Medical budget, providing input into the affiliate budgeting and planning processes.
- Support Pharmacovigilance activities Korea as needed and the PMS.
- Medical Doctor degree required or advanced degree in life sciences.
- A minimum of seven years of global pharmaceutical industry experience in medical affairs roles and clinical development roles and background gained within global pharma, biotech. companies and/or local pharmaceutical companies.
- Experience in the field of medical affairs activities including interpretation of scientific data and clinical trials– and handle additional scientific endeavours if required.
- Experience in reimbursement applications and processes in Korea - advantage.
- Previous experience with the Rare Diseases field is an advantage as Medison represents Emerging Biotech Companies with highly innovative products for diseases with a high unmet medical need
- Knowledge of all aspects of drug development, GCP and local and regional regulations - including the writing and dissemination of promotional materials.
- Willing to travel as necessary across the region and occasionally to the HQ.
- You will be energetic, convincing, credible, with strong interpersonal/communication skills and able to initiate meaningful dialogues with both external and internal stakeholders - including scientifically oriented and data-driven executive leaders, the in-house commercial organization, KOLs, peers, and the team.
- Dynamic, innovative, able to handle multi-projects, pro-active, results-driven and with an entrepreneurial “can do” attitude.
- Unwavering integrity coupled with the highest level of personal and professional ethics