Medical Affairs Manager
About The Position
The Medical Affairs Manager (MAM) is a key member of the Country medical team and represents a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects. The MAM will provide expert medical support including educating the local sales and marketing team as needed. They will be an expert on the disease areas under their responsibility and will ensure their knowledge is current and thorough. Supports the Country Medical Head in creating the Medical Customer Engagement Strategy and the Medical Affairs project-plan for Medical Launch Excellence and successful Life Cycle Management fully in line with brand strategies and company objectives to meet the predefined targets of the affiliate medical affairs department. The MAM reports to the Country Medical Head.
- Works closely with the Country Medical Head and Commercial team to establish a medical footprint in the Country.
- Communicates with different internal functions to synchronize touchpoints with HCPs for optimized customer experience.
- Establishes, develops and manages collaborative relationships with key external medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company and develops a deep understanding of their needs.
- Contributes to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders.
- Reviews and approves promotional and educational material, coordinates such reviews and approvals with MA representatives and in accordance with Medison SOPs.
- Drives disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines.
- Coordinates and pro-actively contributes to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country.
- Provides medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations.
- Is an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in.
- Locally facilitates any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collects competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas.
- Communicates KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively supports internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for MSLs, sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE.
- Manages/supports local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison SOPs.
- Makes periodic relevant medical and scientific literatures reviews.
- Ensures that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set up and pursued in accordance to respective local laws.
- Ensures legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations.
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD)) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required.
- Requires an experienced MAM or Medical Advisor with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology and in a similar role.
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs.
- Ideally worked in Rare Diseases or Vaccines and has built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country.
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge.
- Experience managing medical-scientific projects (e.g. medical studies) end-to-end
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts.
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience.
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders • Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Ideally worked in rare diseases or vaccines and has built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country.
- Previous experience of product launches is desired.