About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company providing access to highly innovative therapies to patients in international markets. Medison commercializes highly innovative therapies across international markets, helping to save and improve the lives of patients suffering from the most challenging diseases.
Medison has a deep expertise in local regulatory and market access know-how with uncompromising compliance excellence. It offers an affiliate-like partnership and tailored-solutions for country-specific and regional commercialization, enabling emerging biotech companies to navigate local complexities and to expand their reach to patients in international markets.
Medison is rapidly growing in the international markets backed by 25 years of established operations in Israel, global infrastructure and partnership network. Medison is headquartered in Israel, with commercial hubs in Central Eastern Europe, Canada, Australia & New Zeeland.
The Country Manager will represent Medison Pharma in Slovakia and will be responsible for the organization of the affiliate in terms of business development, operational structure, people leadership and financial results. The role ensures all operations are aligned with the organization’s vision, values, culture and strategic objectives, corporate policies and compliance standards. The Country Manager will understand the business model in their market, assess overall market potential, identify and prioritize unique opportunities (and risks) in their local market(s), develop growth plans; hire, develop, engage and retain key talent and drive overall business results, while continuing to grow the Medison reputation as a preferred partner.
- Establishes and pursues the fulfilment of the strategic objectives of the company in accordance with the general Medison objectives
- Oversees the implementation of the marketing and sales strategy for the company’s portfolio products
- Leads all market access strategy for all products
- Offers support to all appropriate stakeholders in timely manner and in line with corporate strategy
- Implements support & submissions to all appropriate stakeholders in timely manner and in line with corporate strategy
- Represents Medison in contacts with responsible members of the partner companies to ensure the implementation of the activities for partner’s products
- Identifies the market opportunities and supports The Cluster Head and the VP International with business cases on these opportunities
- Represents Medison amongst (internal and external) clients, governmental and private institutions involved in the company’s affairs
- Contributes to the establishment of the annual revenue and expenditure budget forecasts and oversees the budget execution at company level
- Coordinates the local Human Resources of the company and ensures the implementation of the required SOPs and HR system in close collaboration with the HR department
- Establishes and pursues the fulfilment of the strategic objectives of the company in accordance with the external policy of the headquarters
- Oversees the implementation of all compliance procedures in accordance to company SOPs and policies
- Liaises with all external stakeholders for all local operational matters and to communicate to key internal stakeholders with Mеdison
Business & Operational
- Prepares the business plans for the activities in the country by allocating resources and establishing the annual sales forecast & OPEX
- Identifies new business opportunities and prepares business case to capitalize on them
- Implements and monitors the product strategies nationwide in order to fall within the business parameters and standards with integrity
- Monitors the fulfilment of the budget in accordance with the established objectives and actively implements the necessary correction
- Ensures the relationship and representation of the company before clients, distributors, and public and private institutions
- Monitors the activity with logistical partners, warehouses (optimum inventory, FIFO method, timely deliveries to clients, etc.)
- Ensures all forecasts are sent in a timely manner to all/appropriate stakeholders
- Assists and supports all regulatory, drug safety reporting and legal matters with appropriate stakeholders and in timely manner
- Takes full responsibility for Profit & Loss of the market
- Supports and implements the HR systems: recruitment and selection, development, integration and compliance SOPs performance / evaluation and assist Cluster Head and Regional CEE Leadership in organization transformations
- Ensures optimal professional, collaborative relationships across team members as well as other internal regional and HQ colleagues and external clients, takes resolution actions as needed as well as recognizing colleagues demonstrating and role modeling desired behaviors
- Establishes the objectives and performance criteria for team members and provides timely and constructive performance and developmental feedback through-out the year
- Provides all necessary training and guidance to team members including comprehensive onboarding
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department to perform the formalities of employment, change of contract, sanction, contract termination of the subordinate personnel
Compliance & General Activities
- Knows and complies with all the local regulations
- Leads all operations with business integrity and compliantly
- Actively participates in all the training organized by the company, to which they are required to attend
- Travels through the country and abroad in line with business needs
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or related
- Master’s degree a plus
- 10-15 years progressive experience in pharma ideally gained in commercial or medical leadership roles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in country operation set up and leadership
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in drug launch, reimbursement negotiation and other related activities
- Experience on leading the Team - Country Manager experience is a plus.
- Experience in Market access and collaboration with Health Authorities dedicated for Slovakia market.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of market dynamics, competitor analysis and trends to improve overall business outcomes
- Ability to identify and appropriately build and maintain long-term, sustainable relationships with customers, external stakeholders, and key influencers
- Ability to apply knowledge of the healthcare environment, payer decision-making processes, product pricing and reimbursement to appropriately demonstrate value to customers and to maximize profitable access for Medison’s products
- Complies with legal and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical products industry and adhere to internal compliance controls.
- Self-motivated, able to correctly set his/her own priorities for the multiple projects that will be simultaneously managed, and meet project deadlines and budgets
- Cross-functional teamwork and highly collaboration skills
- Displays strong, compassionate, and energetic people leadership skills with natural ability to attract, engage and retain top talent
- Ability to create a positive, inclusive, and cohesive environment
- Professional in English is a must