Medical Affairs Manager - Oncology
About The Position
Medison stands as a distinctive global pharmaceutical company, driven by an unwavering purpose: to deliver groundbreaking therapies to patients suffering from rare and severe diseases across international markets. We believe that all patients, wherever they are in the world, have the right to get access to the best available novel treatments, and we are here to make this happen. As we continue our global expansion, we seek individuals who share our passion and principles, are eager to build and make a difference.
We are patient-centric, innovative, agile, and always ahead.
Come and join our growing Slovakian Team!
In your role as Medical Affairs Manager with Medison Pharma, you will work closely with the Country Medical Head and Commercial team to establish the medical footprint in the country.
- You will be a key member of the country medical team and represent a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interactions with internal and external stakeholders based on individual contacts, educational events and medical projects.
- You will support the Country Medical Head in creating the Medical Customer Engagement Strategy and the Medical Affairs project-plan for Medical Launch Excellence and successful Life Cycle Management fully in line with brand strategies and company objectives to meet the predefined targets of the affiliate medical affairs department.
- You will contributes to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders.
- You will reviews and approves promotional and educational material, coordinates such reviews and approvals with MA representatives and in accordance with Medison SOPs.
- You will be an expert on the disease areas under your responsibility, driving disease awareness through providing external medical disease education, and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines.
- You will coordinate and pro-actively contribute to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country.
- You will provide medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations.
- You will participate in scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in.
- You will support the facilitation of any local patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs.
- You will monitor and collect competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas and communicate KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies.
- Pro-actively support internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director EPM
- You will be highly ethical and compliance minded, acting in accordance with all manufacturer SOPs, Medison policies and SOPs and any relevant industry codes of conduct Medison core values
- You will be highly collaborative, able to communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders, providing progress updates on projects and identifying potential roadblocks, enabling the organization to proactively anticipate delays and risks and adequately solve for them
- We are a values-led organisation and you are engaged and motivated to act in line with the Medison values and culture, navigating a fast-growing, fast-paced environment where your patient first approach will contribute to advancing our global mission.
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD)) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required.
- An experienced MAM or Medical Advisor with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology in a similar role
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs.
- Previous experience of product launches is desired.
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts.
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience.
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and comfortable taking initiatives and learning from them (both successes and failures)
- Prior experience with rare diseases, oncology and orphan drugs
- Patient & customer centric
- Able to demonstrate experience of successful product launches in your market
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Fully bilingual, with local language skills for your market and business level English (written and spoken)
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Mobile, willing to travel (50%) across the country as needed and with valid driver’s license.