Medical Affairs Manager
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
As a Medical Affairs Manager (MAM), you will be a key member of the Montenegro medical team and represent a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects.
You will provide expert medical support including education of the local sales and marketing team as needed. You will be an expert on the disease areas under your responsibility and will ensure your knowledge is current and thorough.
You will support the Country Medical Head in creating the Medical Customer Engagement Strategy and the Medical Affairs project-plan for Medical Launch Excellence and successful Life Cycle Management fully in line with brand strategies and company objectives to meet the predefined targets of the affiliate medical affairs department.
The MAM reports directly to the Country Medical Head and dotted line to the Country Manager, Serbia & Montenegro.
- Work closely with the Country Medical Head and Commercial team to establish a medical footprint in Montenegro and support market access activities in the market in line with Country Manager
- Communicate with different internal functions to synchronize touchpoints with HCPs for optimized customer experience
- Establish, develop and manage collaborative relationships with key medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company as well with decision makers, representatives of Health Institutions as support to Country Manager and the Commercial team
- Contribute to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders
- Review and approve promotional and educational material, coordinate such reviews and approvals with MA representatives and in accordance with Medison SOPs
- Drive disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinate and pro-actively contribute to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country
- Provide medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations
- Be an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas you worked in
- Locally facilitate any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collect competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas
- Communicate KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively support internal medical knowledge development and provide internal training for MSLs, sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Manage/support local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison SOPs
- Make periodic relevant medical and scientific literatures reviews
- Ensure that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance to respective local laws
- Ensure legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations
- Strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD)) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required
- At least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology as MAM or Medical Advisor or in a similar role
- Experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs is a must
- Ideally experience in Rare Diseases or Vaccines having built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience managing medical-scientific projects (e.g. medical studies) end-to-end
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Ideally worked in rare diseases or vaccines and has built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country
- Previous experience of product launches is desired