Medical Affairs Manager
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
As Medical Affairs Manager (MAM), you are a key member of the Latvian Medical team and represent an office but also field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders based on individual contacts, educational events and medical projects.
You will provide expert medical support including educating the local sales and marketing team as needed. You will be an expert on the disease areas under their responsibility and will ensure their knowledge is current and thorough.
You will support the Country Medical Head in creating the Medical Customer Engagement Strategy and the Medical Affairs project-plan for Medical Launch Excellence and successful Life Cycle Management fully in line with brand strategies and company objectives to meet the predefined targets of the affiliate medical affairs department.
- Working closely with the Country Medical Head and Commercial team to establish a medical footprint in Latvia.
- Communicating with different internal functions to synchronize touchpoints with HCPs for optimized customer experience
- Establishing, developing and managing collaborative relationships with key external medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company and develops a deep understanding of their needs
- Contributing to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders
- Reviewing and approving promotional and educational material, coordinates such reviews and approvals with MA representatives and in accordance with Medison SOPs
- Driving disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinating and pro-actively contributing to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in Latvia.
- Providing medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations
- Being an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in
- Locally facilitating any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collecting competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas
- Communicating KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively supporting internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for MSLs, sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Managing and supporting local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects in accordance with respective local laws and with Medison SOPs
- Making periodic relevant medical and scientific literatures reviews
- Ensuring that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance with respective local laws
- Ensuring legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, DO or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Experience as a MAM or Medical Advisor with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology or in a similar role
- Previous experience in the Oncology or Rare Diseases with solid contacts to top KOLs in Latvia
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience managing medical-scientific projects (e.g., medical studies) end-to-end
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Previous experience of product launches would be an advantage.