Country Medical Head
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The Country Medical Head, Latvia represents a primarily field based and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders, on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects.
The Medical Head will manage all medical activities for the products under their responsibility in Latvia; Provide expert medical support including education to the respective marketing teams and company divisions; manage and lead the Medical Affairs Managers (MAMs) and Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) on their teams where appropriate.
The Medical Head is an expert on the Medison products in their respective country (ies) disease states, and areas of research and drives strategic partnerships with Healthcare professionals (HCPs) at peer-to-peer level developing their knowledge and providing solutions to support appropriate use of medicines for better patient outcomes.
The Country Medical Head reports to the Medical Director CEE and works in close partnership with the Country Manager and is an active member of the Country Leadership Team.
- In your role as Country Medical Head, Latvia, you will be be responsible for preparing scientific papers and supporting medical documents for the products in the field for all relevant medical parties in the health community as well as your own teams in your country (ies) of responsibility.
- Partner closely with global medical team at Company HQ as well as the medical teams at the partner companies.
- Provide medical expertise to the related therapeutic area (s) they are responsible for, including continuous updates and on-going medical developments in the field.
- Providing clinical updates and passing the knowledge on to the appropriate medical teams and where appropriate the commercial team(s).
- Lead a team of MAMS and/or MSLs where appropriate, in all aspects of their field including hiring, engaging and ensuring their professional development.
- Analyze scientific material, key journals and provide lectures and presentations.
- Meet with Medison’s suppliers as necessary. ·
- Guide the medical teams on all products that they market.
- Take part in conferences and symposia in local market as well as at HQ in Israel and elsewhere.
- Establish strong scientific and medical relationships with KOL's, including identifying and developing collaborative relationships with key health care physicians in the relevant therapy area(s).
- Participate in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at office visits, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product knowledge.
- Resolve any medical queries when required, through timely and thorough communication and education.
- Build yearly operational roadmaps in the medical field, together with medical managers within the company and in cooperation with marketing department including developing annual medical budget
- Provide medical support and create business and medical brand plans.
- Provide support including technological support in the case of reimbursement to the health basket and work in cooperation with the regulatory division.
- Work in cooperation with marketing teams and market access division within the company, while maintaining autonomy.
- Oversee compassionate programs and clinical research in country (ies) assigned.
- Collaborate fully regarding the process of reimbursement to the health basket.
- Reviews and approves promotional materials prior to print.
- Report all safety information inc. adverse events to Pharmacovigilance dept, per company policies.
- Where appropriate, respond to requests for investigator initiated clinical trials
- Collaborate with clinical team to coordinate and optimize site visits with investigators.
- Work meticulously in accordance with the code of ethics and the guidelines laid out by the regulatory dept. regarding suppliers.
- Role model the Company’s culture and values and being respectful at all times of the partners’ compliance and cultural requirements.
- Doctorate MD/PhD in one of the following: Doctor Life Sciences, Medical Doctor, Dentistry, Veterinarian, Pharmacist – required.
- 5 + years experience in pharma in medical or commercial role, ideal in a start up environment.
- Proven in-depth scientific knowledge of the relevant therapeutic areas and related disease states; displays a natural curiosity to learn and build scientific expertise.
- Fluent English and local language.
- Leadership & people management experience, an advantage.
- Required qualification
- Ability to motivate a team.
- Cross functional collaboration
- Dynamic – flexible/agile, can cope with frequent changes
- Problem solver, with meticulous attention to detail and excellent attention to deadlines.
- Strong and confident presentation skills in both languages
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Independent and self-starter
- Role models compliance and culture of company.
- Willing to travel across assigned region and occasionally internationally.