Medical Science Liaison
About The Position
Medison CEE is part of Medison, a global pharma company providing access to highly innovative therapies to patients in international markets. Medison CEE commercializes highly innovative therapies across Central Eastern Europe, helping to save and improve the lives of patients suffering from the most challenging diseases.
Medison CEE has deep expertise in local regulatory and market access know-how with uncompromising compliance excellence. It offers an affiliate-like partnership and tailored-solutions for country-specific and regional commercialization, enabling emerging biotech companies to navigate local complexities and to expand their reach to patients in Central Eastern Europe.
Medison CEE is rapidly growing and is backed by Medison Pharma’s 25 years of established operations, global infrastructure and partnership network. Medison is headquartered in Israel, with commercial hubs in Central Eastern Europe and Canada.
The Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) is a key member of the Country medical team and represents primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects. They will be an expert on the disease areas under their responsibility and will ensure their knowledge is current and thorough. The MSL implements the medical strategy locally and supports the generation and communication of scientific information. They act as the primary point of contact for a set of HCPs (incl. KOLs) and ensure good communication with sales and market access colleagues.
The MSL reports to the Country Medical Head or Medical Affairs Manager (MAM), as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Medical Lead and Commercial team to establish a medical footprint in the Country
- Establishes, develops, and manages collaborative relationships with key external medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company and develops a deep understanding of their needs
- Contributes to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders
- Drives disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinates and pro-actively contributes to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country
- Provides medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations
- Is an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in.
- Locally facilitates any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collects competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas
- Communicates KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively supports internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Manages/supports local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison and MA SOPs
- Ensures that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, setup and pursued in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison SOPs
- Ensures legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations Any other medical project support as required
Required Education and Experience:
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required
- An experienced MSL with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology in a similar role
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs
- Ideally worked in Rare Diseases or Vaccines and has built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country
- Previous experience of product launches is desired
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and a variety of external customers
- Good pedagogical skills
- Highly collaborative and team spirited
- Patient centric
- Works effectively in highly dynamic and changing environments, displays agility and an incessant scientific curiosity
- Highly engaging with HCPs and focused on and curious about HCPs needs.
- Tremendous emphasis placed on internal and external stakeholders and strong client relationships
- Ability to work with senior members of Medison customers, health funds, MOH, etc.
- Driven by analytical and scientific evidence
- Integrity and compliance mindset
- Comfortable taking initiatives and learning from them (both successes and failures)
- Strong IT skills and excellent digital capability skills to communicate effectively in a digital world.
- Fluent written and oral language skills in English and local language, with excellent written and oral communication skills to apply medical content in English is essential
- Mobile, willing to travel across the country as needed and with Valid driver’s license