About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients worldwide get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate on 4 continents and in over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
Medison Israel is looking for a Medical Director for Medison Israel site.
The Medical Director will develop, implement, and ensure execution of the overall medical strategy and activities and ensure alignment of the medical strategy with the business strategy and imperatives of the company. The medical director will be an integral part of the IL leadership team and as such will have a key role in supporting the overall strategic objectives of the business.
The Medical Director leads and develops the medical affairs team of the affiliate and is responsible for establishing and ensuring a strong scientific footprint for Medison in the respective present and future therapeutic areas including upcoming launches.
The Medical Director provides and ensures that medical input and plans for the cross-functional marketing plans are delivered, and actively supports the business development teams and their assessments as part of our mutual pipeline efforts.
The medical director is responsible to ensure that all our all relevant internal and external stakeholder teams are well-educated, updated, and knowledgeable in the respective fields and that the medical team is demonstrating proficiency and expertise in the respective clinical and scientific data and is able to provide high-quality presentations of the data.
- Lead a team of medical affairs professionals and, team leads, to ensure the planning and execution of medical affairs strategies.
- Provide medical and scientific expertise to all cross-functional internal stakeholders.
- Proactively lead the medical parts of the N.H.B process and support the rest of our mutual activities with the execution of the national health basket process and other reimbursement-related activities.
- Lead medical and scientific activities for products throughout the life cycle phases with special emphasis on the prelaunch and launch phases so as to ensure cross-functional alignment on our strategy.
- Establish sound and strong scientific interaction with the respective external stakeholders such as O. L’s and plan tailor-made specific activities to meet the expectations of the O.L’s
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and timely delivery of medical affairs objectives.
- Manage the planning and tracking of the medical affairs department budget.
- An Advanced Degree in Health Sciences (Doctor of Medicine - highly preferred
- Alternatively - Doctor of Philosophy\ Doctor of Pharmacy).
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience within medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry and /or health care system, and robust people management experience is mandatory.
To be effective in this role it is mandatory for the candidate to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communication across functions and strong presentation skills.
- Management and coaching skills with a strong team player ability.
- An analytical mindset to aim for the best qualitative solutions in a changing business environment.
- A deep understanding of Medical Affairs strategy and implementation and its strategic contribution to the integrated business mindset.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience in presenting scientific data.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hebrew.