Medical Science Liaison - Hungary
About The Position
Medison commercializes highly innovative therapies across international markets, helping to save and improve the lives of patients suffering from the most challenging diseases.
Medison has a deep expertise in local regulatory and market access know-how with uncompromising compliance excellence. It offers an affiliate-like partnership and tailored-solutions for country-specific and regional commercialization, enabling emerging biotech companies to navigate local complexities and to expand their reach to patients in international markets.
Medison is rapidly growing in the international markets backed by 25 years of established operations in Israel, global infrastructure and partnership network. Medison is headquartered in Israel, with its international markets HQ in Switzerland and commercial hubs across the Baltics, Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Greece as well as Canada.
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) you will be a key member of the Hungarian medical team and represent a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects. You will be an expert on the disease areas under your responsibility and will ensure your knowledge is current and thorough.
You will implement the medical strategy locally and support the generation and communication of scientific information. You will as act as a primary point of contact for a set of HCPs (incl. KOLs) and ensure good communication with sales and market access colleagues. The MSL reports to the Country Medical Head.
- Work closely with the Medical Lead and Commercial team to establish a medical footprint in the Country
- Establish, develop, and manage collaborative relationships with key external medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company and develops a deep understanding of their needs
- Contribute to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders
- Drive disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinate and pro-actively contribute to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country
- Provide medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulation.
- Be an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in.
- Locally facilitate any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs.
- Collect competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas
- Communicate KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively support internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Manage/support local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison and MA SOPs
- Ensure that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance to respective local laws and with Medison SOPs
- Ensure legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations..
- Any other medical project support as required
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD)) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required
- An experienced MSL with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology in a similar role
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs
- Ideally previous experience in Rare Diseases or Vaccines having built solid contacts to top KOLs in the country
- Previous experience of product launches is desired
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment