Compliance Officer South Cluster
About The Position
Reporting to the Corporate Compliance team, the Compliance Officer will be responsible for enhancing the global and regional compliance standards and supporting the continued development and implementation of Medison’s compliance program and ethical behavior.
With direct responsibility for approximately six countries in the CEE region( Greece, Bulgaria, N. Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo and Cyprus) the Compliance Officer will take full ownership of the field of ethics and compliance within these countries.
They will be responsible for ensuring that Medison and its partners adhere to regulatory requirements, both national and international, as required by local regulation and law. They will ensure full adherence to standards, policies and procedures. They will also be responsible for adhering to internal policy, ensuring that the organization holds internal inspections to prevent lapse in control and regulation.
- Ensure adherence with global standards and local laws and regulations
- Provide local compliance clearance/approval and review
- Ensure local third party vendors preapprovals
- Lead local and/or cluster compliance committees
- Responsible for local compliance training in line with global program
- Advise local management on compliance related matters
- Provide compliance support to local business initiatives
- Share local feedback and updates to relevant global compliance functions
- Participate/lead global compliance initiatives as needed
- Manage network of local “compliance ambassadors”
- Provide strategic direction and compliance leadership to the region
- Actively participate and serve on regional leadership teams, providing compliance guidance consistent with the Company’s culture and values to promote ethical behavior, and enhance the Medison global compliance program
- Lead, drive, and conduct proactive compliance initiatives such as risk assessments, compliance workshops, training initiatives, and other compliance monitoring activities
- Develop, implement, and manage compliance programs, processes, and systems to mitigate compliance risks
- Identify opportunities for growth and enhancement of the Medison global compliance program
- Partner with regional colleagues and countries leadership teams under your scope to maintain and further develop throughout the organization a strong culture of compliance, including personal accountability at all levels in the organization with a spirit of partnership and positive problem solving
- Draft and/or update appropriate policies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry codes and alignment with global policies
- Support the implementation and maintenance of affiliates transparency reporting requirements and assist business leadership in meeting reporting obligations
- Assist in implementation and execution of regional and local risk based third party due diligence
- Support investigations into allegations of misconduct, as required
- Manage administrative and operational aspects of the Compliance program in the countries under your scope
- Degree in law, finance, business or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical sector with a minimum of three years’ experience in a compliance function.
- Possess an exceptional knowledge of pharmaceutical industry laws, guidelines and codes.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a focus on detail are also essential
- Successful track record of building a culture of compliance and ethics
- Experience dealing with government agencies and other regulatory and/or enforcement bodies
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Multi-geographic experience preferred
- High sense of ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills