GM, Head of South Cluster
About The Position
The GM Head of South Cluster will be responsible for the Medison CEE South Cluster in terms of General Manager duties and responsibilities, and act as Country Manager Greece.
He/she will develop, lead and manage all commercial activities and implement an innovative, growth-focused commercial strategy to ensure that profitable business growth is accelerated, and that commercial success is achieved. S/He will also oversee all discussions and negotiations with local payers and health care authorities.
The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; will be highly innovative and creative and have a passion for highly innovative therapies that can dramatically improve patients' lives. This is a role with an expectation to be highly customer-focused and be in the field regularly meeting with all key stakeholders.
The role is based in Greece, but extensive international travel will be required.
- Operationalize the buildout, development, management and monitoring of the territory
- Enforce a culture of compliance and monitor the business to ensure mitigation of risks and performance issues
- Develop and oversee regional strategic plans aligned with corporate objectives in collaboration with partners and country managers
- Ensure short- and long-term revenue opportunities are maximized to achieve commercial targets
- Provide quarterly business updates to leadership
- Prepare commercial forecasts for territories, ensue supply readiness, and work with cross-functional team to execute strategic planning exercises (i.e. LRP and Brand Planning)
- Support ongoing internal evaluation of each market to ensure most efficient, effective, and cost-effective business models are employed
- Understand the value drivers of the Company, leading the business, and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Support geographic expansion by building the Greece and Cyprus affiliate and the required infrastructure to support local team, all in alignment with Corporate
- Develop and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key stakeholders and ensure that they constructively engage with them
- Lead reimbursement discussions and market access initiatives in close collaboration with partners and ensure appropriate engagement with authorities
- Ensuring that regular reviews are carried out with our business partners, to ensure that their needs are being met and that excellent customer service is achieved
- Represent the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences, and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimize all business development opportunities.
- Maintain an awareness of external factors (including competitors, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation concerning commercial activities) which impact the business.
- Communicate with all major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives. Collating and analyzing business data about all commercial activities.
- Ensure that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume, and efficiency targets (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)) in line with business objectives.
- Lead the development, management, and execution of the CEE regional strategic plans in collaboration with distributor partners, aligned with the International Commercial strategic objectives
- Manage forecasts and expenses monthly with the required accuracy
- Higher educational degree (Science degree and MBA preferred) or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the rare disease market.
- Excellent English language and overall communication skills
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience in a global top biotech company
- Experience commercializing in international markets in the region including product launches, reimbursement and negotiations
- Strong negotiation and contracting skills that have contributed to successfully obtaining reimbursement for high-cost innovative medicines in complex lower purchasing capacity markets
- Experience in alliance/partner management within targeted geographies with an appreciation for sensitivity to (and familiarity with) the region’s business culture
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an excellent business judgement and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and lean structure
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast-growing organization with demonstrated capability to be at ease in a matrix structure with ability to influence
- Strong leadership skills coupled with the ability to attract and maintain partners and talent
- Highly collaborative team player that can respectfully provide valuable feedback
- Can build a compliant, diverse team of high-performing members that live the company values, have high integrity, and can navigate complexity and ambiguity
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and provide suggestions for improvement
- Gravitas and the ability to interact with senior leadership