International Accountant, Central & Eastern Europe
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The International Accountant role will report to the International Markets Controller and will be part of an international finance team who is responsible for the financial accounting and statutory reporting for multiple entities within the CEE, Americas and APAC regions. The ideal person will have the flexibility to take on various tasks in this multi-faceted role, working collaboratively across their CEE markets. The role requires a high degree of accuracy to deliver on objectives in a timely manner, with strong attention to detail as well as the ability to be an effective team player within this high performing team.
The position could be located anywhere in the CEE region.
- Providing support and guidance to our external accounting partners in relation to accounting and booking questions
- Actively participate in the monthly close process including inter-company transactions between Corporate and foreign entities
- Responsible for actioning the monthly trial balance close for the Medison global subsidiaries, including but not limited to bank and credit card reconciliations, posting of journal entries, fixed asset register management, month-end accruals and reconciliations, and cut-off accounts
- Issuing invoices and booking bills
- Overseeing the purchase orders (POs) process
- Assist and support in the year-end audit process
- Assist in improving, developing, and documenting accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Providing training to support the ongoing development of the ERP software capabilities to our external accounting partners
- Roll out of ERP accounting software to new markets
- Translate Finance requirements into workable NetSuite business solutions
- Maintain compliance with internal controls; refine policies and procedures, with continuous focus on ERP process improvement and accuracy
- Ad hoc accounting and bookkeeping projects as needed
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping/accounting, and experience in a global company and multi-currency environment.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification Qualified, Part Qualified or QBE
- A solid user experience in ERP systems is a must, Oracle Netsuite project implementation experience is a plus.
- Fluent English is essential for this role (other CEE regional languages are beneficial).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel.
- We are looking for a candidate that works efficiently, accurately with high attention to detail.
- An excellent multi-tasker and team player ready to work in a fast-paced environment.