Medical Science Liaison
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) is a key member of the country medical team and represents a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interaction with internal and external stakeholders on the basis of individual contacts, educational events and medical projects. They will be an expert on the disease areas under their responsibility and will ensure their knowledge is current and thorough. The MSL implements the medical strategy locally and supports the generation and communication of scientific information. They act as the primary point of contact for a set of HCPs (incl. KOLs) and ensure good communication with sales and market access colleagues.
The MSL reports to the Country Medical Head or Medical Affairs Manager (MAM), as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Medical Lead and Commercial team to establish a medical foot-print in the Country
- Establishes, develops, and manages collaborative relationships with key medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for the company
- Contributes to the generation and communication of complex scientific information, communicating scientific data related to current and future products to all stakeholders
- Drives disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinates and pro-actively contributes to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country
- Provides medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations
- Is an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in
- Locally facilitates any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collects competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas
- Communicates KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies
- Pro-actively supports internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Manages/supports local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects
- Ensures that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance to respective local laws
- Ensures legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations
Required education and experience
- A strong bio-science education background with a science/medical/nursing or similar qualification
- Requires an experienced person/professional with at least 5 years in Pharma in similar or other customer/HCP facing roles
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs
- Previous experience of product launches is desired
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience
- Experience working with different healthcare stakeholders
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and a variety of external customers
- Highly collaborative and team spirited
- Patient centric
- Works effectively in highly dynamic and changing environments, displays agility and an incessant scientific curiosity
- Highly engaging with HCPs and focused on and curious about HCPs needs.
- Tremendous emphasis placed on internal and external stakeholders and strong client relationships
- Ability to work with senior members of Medison, customers, health funds, MOH, etc.
- Driven by analytical and scientific evidence
- Integrity and compliance mindset
- Comfortable taking initiatives and learning from them (both successes and failures)
- Strong IT skills and excellent digital capability skills to communicate effectively in a digital world.
- Fluent written and oral language skills in English and local language, with excellent written and oral communication skills to apply medical content in English is essential
- Mobile, willing to travel across the country as needed and with Valid driver’s license, MOH, etc.
- Valid driver’s license