Medical Science Liaison
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for cultivating current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, and national levels. This is an exciting role for a Medical Science professional to join a growing organization to build and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders.
You will thrive in an environment of rapid change, demonstrate strong communication skills, work effectively within cross-functional teams, and have a problem-solving, analytical, and patient-centric mindset.
- Ensure high scientific standards to develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in healthcare, academic, and professional associations.
- Serve as the first point of contact between healthcare practitioners (HCPs) and Medison Medical Affairs.
- Build, maintain and ensure objectives of KOL engagement plans are met in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Ensure timely and high-quality responses to unsolicited questions from HCPs and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and review of medical materials, as required, such as scientific/medical presentations, medical education material, commercial slide decks.
- Deliver high-quality presentation of clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences, including KOLs, advisors, formulary/decision makers, payers, and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and patient advocacy conferences as assigned.
- Provide field-based medical support to Medison’s partner clinical research programs, registries and investigator sponsored research as required.
- Regularly communicate medical insights from HCPs to inform and refine medical strategy and tactics
- Under the guidance of the Medical Director, provide Medical Affairs coverage for conferences, medical rounds, and company-sponsored meetings.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge and scientific expertise on all assigned disease areas and products.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations (e.g. ICH, GCP, Ethical Practices) and company policies.
- Participate in, and lead external meetings as required (round tables, advisory boards, CME, etc.)
- This role is field-based and externally focused.
- Advanced Scientific or clinical degree (Pharm D, MD, PhD) is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison.
- 5+ years of related pharmaceutical, biotech experience with excellent reputation in the industry
- Strong knowledge of Colombian healthcare system
- Experience working in hematology/oncology area is an asset.
- Experience working in Rare Disease area is an asset.
- Must be able to travel 70% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends
- Proven ability to work independently with excellent self-leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to function with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates in depth scientific and clinical knowledge and ability to understand and integrate complex scientific concepts.
- Possess superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills).
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence and build partnerships with opinion leaders.
- Spanish/English language skills are required