Medical Science Liaison (Hematology/Oncology) - Vancouver/Calgary
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company providing access to highly innovative therapies to patients in international markets. Medison commercializes highly innovative therapies across international markets, helping to save and improve the lives of patients suffering from the most challenging diseases.
The Medical Science Liaison is responsible for cultivating current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional, and national levels. This is an exciting role for a Medical Science professional to join a growing organization to build and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders.
You will thrive in an environment of rapid change, demonstrate strong communication skills, work effectively within cross-functional teams, and have a problem-solving, analytical, and patient-centric mindset.
This MSL will be responsible for covering the Western region, and will ideally be based in Vancouver or Calgary. Other locations in the West of Canada may be considered with a larger travel component expected outside of the main cities.
- Ensure high scientific standards to develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in healthcare, academic, and professional associations
- Serve as the first point of contact between healthcare practitioners (HCPs) and Medison Medical Affairs
- Build, maintain and ensure objectives of KOL engagement plans are met in a timely, accurate and compliant manner
- Ensure timely and high-quality responses to unsolicited questions from HCPs and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and review of medical materials, as required, such as scientific/medical presentations, medical education material, commercial slide decks
- Deliver high-quality presentation of clinical and disease state information to a variety of audiences, including KOLs, advisors, formulary/decision makers, payers, and internal stakeholders
- Serve as scientific resource at key medical, scientific, and patient advocacy conferences as assigned
- Provide field-based medical support to Medison’s partner clinical research programs, registries and investigator sponsored research as required
- Regularly communicate medical insights from HCPs to inform and refine medical strategy and tactics
- Under the guidance of the Medical Director, provide Medical Affairs coverage for conferences, medical rounds, and company-sponsored meetings
- Maintain exceptional knowledge and scientific expertise on all assigned disease areas and products
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations (e.g. ICH, GCP, Ethical Practices) and company policies
- Participate in, and lead external meetings as required (round tables, advisory boards, CME, etc.)
- This role is field-based and externally focused with a minimum of 4 field days/week.
- Advanced Scientific or clinical degree (Pharm D, MD, PhD) is required.
- 5+ years of related pharmaceutical, biotech experience with excellent reputation in the industry
- Strong knowledge of Canadian healthcare system
- Experience working in hematology/oncology area is an asset.
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time, including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends
- Proven ability to work independently with excellent self-leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to function with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates in depth scientific and clinical knowledge and ability to understand and integrate complex scientific concepts.
- Possess superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills).
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence and build partnerships with opinion leaders.
Medison Canada’s standard leadership competencies include:
- Patient first mentality
- Leads with integrity and respect
- Delivers results
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork
- Champions change
- Engages and inspires
- Coaches and develops