Market Access Manager
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
The Governmental Affairs & Market Access Manager oversees development and execution of integrated national market access/policy and advocacy, government affairs and corporate affairs, as well as pricing strategy in collaboration with country management and leadership.
You will be responsible for delivering against short-, mid- and long-term business strategy – within a highly complex environment. Initiate & leads negotiations with government authorities to gain/maintain appropriate patient access & reimbursement for the products promoted by Medison. Is accountable for external engagement strategy and will be senior spokesperson for Medison. Development and implementation of policy/government affairs/corporate affairs plan and accountable for critical relationships with government, advocacy groups, media, and other key external stakeholders.
- Strategic planning in gaining & maintaining access and reimbursement for inline products in order to deliver Medison’s short-, mid-, long-term success;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing interests; Coordinates planning and assumptions for budget and long-range plans.
- Develops & implement healthcare policy, government relations and customer/stakeholder engagement strategies to shape our environment, working as Medison and with Medison’s Partners.
- Acts with the highest level of integrity with full compliance with all internal & external regulations.
Innovation & transformation:
- Leads horizon scanning and partners to anticipate and build critical future capabilities.
- Creates new and innovative ways of doing things, demonstrates flexibility, open-mindedness, and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.
- Advises on new healthcare policies and legislative decision-making processes and explains the impact on Medison business.
- Forecasts general healthcare trends.
- Masters the understanding of the complex relationships, processes, laws, issues, and history that define and govern the political/legislative governmental institutions at the central and local levels.
- Develops & executes innovative pricing and contracting strategies, within governance, to deliver value to customers and secure an appropriate value capture.
- Advise and compiles for the value proposition to ensure market access and reimbursement.
- Builds & leverage Medison’s reputation as a credible, science-based thought leader that makes meaningful contributions to patients, providers, health care systems and society
- Partners effectively with Medison commercial, medical, and functional colleagues to support Medison’s business and mission.
- Builds strong internal relationships that foster open communications, and an understanding of the internal clients’ needs.
- Works across internal functions and departments to ensure consistent approach to the management of issues, external relationships, and representations on behalf of Medison.
- Develops and maintain a seamless interface with Worldwide/ Regional Market Access group to ensure local requirements are represented effectively and in time.
- Maintain good coordination with Country Manager & Medison’s partners.
- Supports the Country Manager in industry associations and government forums with the aim of positively shaping the external business environment. Establishes and maintains a partnership network with key governmental authorities and external stakeholders.
- Develops a strong professional partnership also with external entities so that those groups can fully understand Medison Pharma and its positions and supports them when appropriate.
- Leadership Behaviours: Customer and patient focus, collaborative and results driven;
- Fluent in English and Bulgarian, both written and verbal, is a prerequisite
- Strong oral & written presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong strategic planning skills—both at the product and country (cross-portfolio) levels
- Openly promotes leadership and cooperation across the organization.
- Demonstrates exceptional issue management skills; always looking for win/win solutions.
- Acts as Change Agent who motivates others to stretch by focusing on shared values and goals.
- Ability to anticipates future industry trends and opportunities, proactively develops plans to address these and communicates them to Senior Management
- Ability to communicate to our Payers on the product value of Medison’s
- Displays strong organization and time management skills.
- Provides frequent and on-going feedback.
- Serves as a role model for others in line with Medison Values.
- Well-developed analytical skills combined with fast decision making.
- Track record of successful negotiations either with product end users, authorities, or other business partners
- Track record of building-up stakeholder network