Business Unit Head
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, and strategic professional to assume the country position of Business Unit Head.
In this position, you will be responsible for the business unit commercial operations in your local market. You will partner closely with colleagues across all functions including medical and market access to deliver on all commercial goals for the market, including successful product launch, sales targets, while building Medison’s reputation across the market and where relevant hiring, engaging, and leading a team of Key Account Managers. Together with regional colleagues and partner colleagues, you will create and execute against strategic and tactical marketing plans while building strong professional relationships with KOLs and HCPs.
- Optimize the performance of the country Business Unit portfolio and manage daily operations of the commercial business.
- Maximize revenue and performance through rigorous management of the P&L and in alignment with goals.
- Manage expenses and investments according to plan goals.
- Develop and execute innovative business strategies/models to maximize revenue, market share, and income growth.
- Maximize lifecycle product performance through excellence in alignment as well as drive innovative planning and execution.
- Identify and exploit market specific opportunities to grow revenue and income.
- Evaluate, develop and execute new go to market strategies.
- Lead, coach and mentor a high performing team, build and actively manage a pipeline of succession talent.
- Executing successfully against all agreed business plans and Company initiatives.
- Builds strong professional cross functional relationships.
- Maintaining strong relationship with key partners.
- Actively participates in business meetings with partners incl. partner training sessions, conferences, joint steering committee meetings and business reviews.
- Personal ownership of key stakeholder relationships.
- Role model Medison's principles, culture, vision and values.
- Work in accordance with Medison's code of ethics and guidelines set by the compliance and regulatory dept.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment, encouraging knowledge sharing, best practice sharing, and continuous improvement across the Medison organization.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders, providing updates on projects progresses and roadblocks enabling the organization to proactively anticipate delays and risks and adequately solve for them
- Bachelor’s degree in life and/or natural sciences, medicine, nursing, or pharmacy (degree in paramedics).
- A degree in business management would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with highly innovative therapies and oncology
- Proven success in leading the marketing or management of a multi-brand portfolio
- Worked in Rare Diseases or Oncology
- Proven launch experience
- At least 1 year experience with managing products
- Experienced people manager with ability to motivate team members
- In depth knowledge of the product, the market, competitors, and customers
- Proven ability in market analysis
- Has a proven reputation in the market with strong relationships with KOLs/HCPs etc.
- Candidate must have experience working in innovative companies and on highly innovative drugs
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Fluency in English written and verbal; Bulgarian language mandatory. Any additional European language is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel as required for the role.