Medical Science Liaison
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 25 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
As we continue to grow in all of our global locations, we are seeking exceptional talent to advance our mission of providing access to rare and severe disease patients across international markets.
If you are interested to discuss the impact we make at Medison Pharma, and how your career could progress, apply now and discuss with one of our global Talent Acquisition team.
In your role as Medical Sales Liaison (MSL) with Medison Pharma, you will work closely with the Country Medical Head and Commercial team to establish the medical footprint in the country.
- You will be a key member of the country medical team and represent a primarily field and customer focused role, enabling medically oriented interactions with internal and external stakeholders based on individual contacts, educational events and medical projects.
- You will implement the medical strategy locally and support the generation and communication of scientific information.
- You will act as the primary point of contact for a set of HCPs (incl. KOLs) and ensure good communication with sales and market access colleagues.
- You will be an expert on the disease areas under your responsibility, driving disease awareness through providing external medical disease education, and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines.
- You will coordinate and pro-actively contribute to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country.
- You will provide medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations.
- You will participate in scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in.
- You will support the facilitation of any local patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs.
- You will monitor and collect competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas and communicate KOL insights that influence the development of brand plans and strategies.
- Pro-actively support internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director EPM
- You will be highly ethical and compliance minded, acting in accordance with all manufacturer SOPs, Medison policies and SOPs and any relevant industry codes of conduct Medison core values
- You will be highly collaborative, able to communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders, providing progress updates on projects and identifying potential roadblocks, enabling the organization to proactively anticipate delays and risks and adequately solve for them
- We are a values-led organisation and you are engaged and motivated to act in line with the Medison values and culture, navigating a fast-growing, fast-paced environment where your patient first approach will contribute to advancing our global mission.
- A strong bio-science education background with a medical degree (Doctor of Medicine (MD)) or similar advanced completed University degree (Master, PhD, or PharmD) in a health-related scientific field such as Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. is required.
- An experienced MSL with at least 5 years in pharmaceutical/biotechnology in a similar role
- Candidates must have experience working in innovative companies and on innovative drugs.
- Previous experience of product launches is desired.
- Strong scientific/clinical and medical affairs knowledge
- Experience discussing on and off label clinical and scientific concepts.
- Experience using data insights to decide next actions to enhance customer experience.
- Good understanding of local healthcare environment
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and comfortable taking initiatives and learning from them (both successes and failures)
- Prior experience with rare diseases, oncology and orphan drugs
- Patient & customer centric
- Able to demonstrate experience of successful product launches in your market
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Fully bilingual, with local language skills for your market and business level English (written and spoken)
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Mobile, willing to travel across the country as needed and with valid driver’s license.