Business Development Lead, Latin America
About The Position
Medison is a global pharma company on a mission to help patients around the world get faster access to lifesaving, innovative, breakthrough therapies. We operate in 4 continents and over 24 countries and are growing fast. If you want to be part of our mission and help save patients by getting them the latest treatments, join us!
You will be an office-based professional with the ability to travel frequently for a wide range of commercial reasons, including market research projects, understanding scientific, clinical, access and commercial opportunities across variable medicinal products, therapeutical areas and geographies.
As a Business Development Lead for Medison Business Development, you will play a crucial role in driving business growth within the LATAM region. Your primary focus will be identifying potential opportunities and providing strategic intelligence for the company's expansion in LATAM while also conducting market research. This role involves extensive travel for various commercial purposes and requires strong collaboration with the rest of the team to meet project objectives.
You will participate in the identification of local opportunities, using your network of contacts, knowledge of therapeutic areas and health characteristics of the population in LATAM. Consequently, you will have responsibility for the development and implementation of the market research activities related to the dedicated projects on the LATAM markets, complying with all Medison SOPs and policies and national guidelines.
Extensive travel is required for this role including country and international travel.
- You will lead the business cases in LATAM region and will work in collaboration with the team to consolidate the overall presentation to the external company/potential client. Using primary (through interviews with external stakeholders, mainly key opinion leaders) and secondary (through the literature and other sources, like databases searches) research you will provide insights and analysis related to dedicated topics
- Proactively explore, propose, and initiate business opportunities to further develop Medison's presence in the LATAM market, with a strong focus on driving growth and expansion.
- You will assist in examining and understanding the LATAM pharmaceutical market and will be instrumental in competition analysis to provide in-depth strategic intelligence for the business development purposes
- You will work in full collaboration with the Medison BD&L team and/or as part of a dedicated project-dependent team
- You will work with physicians - experts in the respective therapeutical areas, demonstrating the exemplary cooperation, highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with external stakeholders
- You will prepare upon need a written analysis and summary reports for the research insights accumulated during your work
- PhD/MD Degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Chemistry
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in medical affairs with established KOL relationships across your markets
- The ability to understand and discuss complex disease areas and the medical understanding to enable you to assess a variety of assets, making recommendations to the business based on these business cases.
- Thorough knowledge of business and product development and market access regulations for the LATAM innovative pharmaceutical / biotech market
- Fluent in English and Portuguese language skills, Spanish is also highly beneficial
- Patient first mentality
- Leads with integrity and respect
- Delivers results and demonstrates business acumen
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork