Medical Affairs Manager
At Medison, we are team players, working together across countries, cultures, and time-zones to carry out our mission to help patients who suffer from the most challenging diseases. We welcome you to join us!
About This Role
As Medical Affairs Manager, you will be a key member in the Slovenia medical team, in a primarily field and customer focused role. You will provide expert medical support, including educating the local sales and marketing team. You will be an expert on the disease areas under your responsibility and will ensure your knowledge is current and thorough. You will work closely the Slovenia Medical Head and commercial team to establish a medical foot-print in the Slovenia market, developing and managing collaborative relationships with key medical experts and key opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for Medison.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the Medical Head and Commercial team to establish a medical foot-print in Slovenia
- Establish, develop and manage collaborative relationships with key medical experts and opinion leaders related to any current and future disease areas relevant for Medison
- Review and approve promotional and educational material, coordinates such reviews and approvals with MA representatives and in accordance with Medison and MA SOPs
- Drive disease awareness in providing external medical disease education and setting up local scientific programs, such as symposia, regional advisory boards, or scientific meetings in accordance with the respective disease plans and in line with current compliance guidelines
- Coordinate and pro-actively contribute to all pre-launch and life cycle activities for current products and potential pipeline products in the country
- Provide medical support and medical information on unsolicited HCP requests related to any products in accordance with the relevant processes and local regulations
- Be an active member of scientific and educational interactions with therapeutic specialists on diagnostic and clinically relevant aspects of any therapeutic areas worked in
- Locally facilitate any patient access programs (EAP) to address high unmet medical needs
- Collect competitive intelligence and market insights within the region on diagnostic methods and treatment paradigms of any relevant therapeutic areas Pro-actively supports internal medical knowledge development and provides internal training for MSLs, sales and other functions on any relevant disease and product related aspects, in alignment with guidance from the Medical Affairs Director CEE
- Manage/support local aspects of investigator-initiated trials or other research projects
- Make periodic relevant medical and scientific literatures reviews
- Ensure that all activities required by pharmacovigilance and risk management are planned, set-up and pursued in accordance to respective local laws
- Ensure legal excellence and compliance in all medical activities as per company SOPs and local regulations
- Degree educated in life and/ or natural sciences, medicine, nursing, pharmacy or a similar discipline
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a medical department in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Must be able to travel across the country as needed
- Must have a patient-centric approach
- Prior experience of working with vaccines or rare disease portfolios – Advantage
- Prior experience in product launches – Advantage