At Medison, we are team players, working together across countries, cultures, and time-zones to carry out our mission to help patients who suffer from the most challenging diseases. We welcome you to join us!
About This Role
We are looking for a Compliance Officer in one of these locations in the Central Eastern European region: Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, or Bulgaria.
As Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for enhancing the global and regional compliance standards and supporting the continued development and implementation of Medison’s compliance program and ethical behavior. You will report to the Corporate Compliance team and have direct responsibility for approximately eight countries in the CEE region, you will take full ownership of the field of ethics and compliance within these countries. You will be responsible for ensuring that Medison and its partners adhere to regulatory requirements, both national and international, as required by local regulation and law. You will ensure full adherence to standards, policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for adhering to internal policy, ensuring that the organization holds internal inspections to prevent lapse in control and regulation.
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for implementing compliance program (including, but not limited to documentation review related to the activities, post festum monitoring of the activities, employees expense reports, field monitoring)
- Oversee business operations
- Support commercial\medical functions and\or other internal stakeholders on issues and initiatives
- Create and deliver compliance education (training) for employees and managers, including both introductory (on-boarding) and ongoing training
- Assist the business and other members of the compliance department in identifying and prioritizing compliance risks on an ongoing basis, and develop and implement solutions to avoid or manage compliance risks. Also use monitoring findings to identify compliance risk trends. Oversee required remediation or corrective actions
- Ensure that policies and procedures are easily accessible and clearly communicated to all employees
- Help draft or draft new written standards in response to emerging risk areas and business needs
- Oversee the Anti-bribery and Anti-Corruption program, including due diligence process of external vendors and suppliers relating to compliance
- Oversee the Transparency program to ensure appropriate collection of data and reporting
- A degree educated in law, finance, business or a related discipline
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the pharmaceutical sector with a minimum of three years’ experience in a compliance function
- Must possess an exceptional knowledge of pharmaceutical industry laws, guidelines and codes
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as a focus on detail